Hello friends, its been a while ! I’m finally getting around to uploading the rest my illustrations inspired by New York Fashion week.
Marissa Webb : I love how both these looks work in their own ways. Ms Webb has a flair for perfection.
2. Rossie Assoulin : As you can see both these sketches – Marissa Webb and Rossie Assoulin – have swift strokes . For some reason, my hand moves quicker with certain looks . They inspire me to work quickly and deftly . Maybe it’s the movement in the fabric or the way it drapes around the model – I’ll never know why my hand moves the way it does ! These were Winsor and Newton watercolors and Sakura micron pens.
Rossie Assoulin’s style is very unique . I love the playfulness in the outfits along with the ways she conjures up new styles that gives it the stylish and chic look.
3. Bibhu Mohpatra : The color of the fabric, the silouhette and the gold flecked eye shadows took my breath away.
4. Ralph Lauren : That gold dress – that’s all I have to say ! I used every gold tool I had. I think this may have been my first time experimenting with Gold leaf as well. It works well for shimmery looks .
5. Marchesa : They can do no wrong . Look at that dress – so beautiful that I illustrated both front and back .
6. Caroline Herrera : Its a vision in purple as Karlie Kloss floats in this gorgeous creation.
I hope you like them ! Comments, thoughts, please share.
Sigh ! Where do I begin with Leanne Marshall’s show ? I’ve been in love with her designs ever since I first saw her work featured on NYC Dance project’s Instagram feed. I’ve illustrated her work before here and here.
So, if it looks like I’m a fan, well , that’s true. The show had beautiful color palettes – black, warm colors – brown, burgundy, sunshine yellow, pale greys all with flecks of gold in some of the dresses. The dresses are to die for. Every model looked like a princess as they floated past us . And if you can tell from the photos, I got a nice seat for this one .
Leanne Marshall’s work inspires me to draw every single one of her works. Maybe someday ! In the meantime, enjoy the photos, videos and the illustrations. Her work should always be recorded in slo-mo !
I couldn’t wait to illustrate them. The fabric, the silhouettes, the colors, the sheer, the drama – all make for beautiful illustrations and create themselves all on their own .
I had wore lovely Pierre Cardin blouse with a brown skirt with tiny orange flowers all over it. It was a summery look on the outside which contratsted with very wintery (multiple!)layers on the inside. It was frigid weather with the wind blowing in every direction possible – or as I like to call it – Penguin Weather.
I attended two shows on this day. The first one was Herve Leger – an arm of BCBGMaxAzria.
Herve Leger show was packed with grunge glam excitement. The dresses were a slight shift from their bandage style dresses that they are known for. The make up , the hair , the dresses and the boots (!) were all on point . My photographs were so bad , they are not worth posting. But I loved creating the illustrations. Don’t these ladies look like they are ready to take on the world ?
Now if I could get the stylists to do my hair like them , that’ll be awesome. I love working on hair details, if you haven’t realized by now.
AND the boots .. can we agree that a dress with boots works for every occasion ?